PCC aims to be a world-class authority in promoting fair market competition to help achieve a vibrant and inclusive economy and to advance consumer welfare.
PCC shall prohibit anti-competitive agreements, abuses of dominant position, and anti-competitive mergers and acquisitions. Sound market regulation will help foster business innovation, increase global competitiveness, and expand consumer choice to improve public welfare.
The PCC has original and primary jurisdiction over the enforcement and implementation of the PCA and its Implementing Rules and Regulations. Its mandate includes:
- Review of mergers and acquisitions.
- Investigation and adjudication of antitrust cases.
- Imposition of sanctions and penalties.
- Conduct of economic and legal research on competition-related matters.
- Issuance of advisory opinions.
- Advocating pro-competition culture in government and businesses.