PCC aims to be a well-respected world-class authority in promoting fair market competition to enhance consumer welfare, advance trade, and foster inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
PCC shall promote economic development and enhance public welfare through free and fair market competition by prohibiting anti-competitive agreements, abuses of dominant position, and anti-competitive mergers and acquisitions, and advocating for pro-competition policies.
The PCC has original and primary jurisdiction over the enforcement and implementation of the PCA and its Implementing Rules and Regulations. Its mandate includes, among others:
- Review of mergers and acquisitions;
- Investigation and adjudication of antitrust cases;
- Imposition of sanctions and penalties;
- Monitoring the environment for competition-relevant interventions;
- Conduct, publication, and dissemination of studies and reports on competition-related matters;
- Issuance of advisory opinions;
- Promotion of capacity building and the sharing of best practices with other competition-related bodies; and
- Advocating pro-competition culture in government and businesses.